Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mets fire Willie, Jerry Manuel becomes "interim" manager...

It seems appropriate that I report this. Look at the pseudonym I used when posting.

Thank you to our reader, Dave, who loves the fact that my pseudonym was firewillie. I believe that using firewillie as my name was short, sweet, and direct, leaving no room for doubt. Now, I need to think of a new name to use, for my posts.

Everything I have seen, heard and read about Willie is that he is a good man, a class act, and a gentleman, and that will get him a lot farther in life, than wins and losses on a baseball field. On a human level, I wish Willie all the best as a person.

I did not like the way he created lineups, managed the players, took for granted and belittled players under the age of 30, calling them “kids” and acting like any success they had, was purely accidental because they were “kids,” who still needed to learn the game. I despised his reliance on veterans, whose better days were distant memories. I still don’t think he understands the concept of a double-switch, and when he would have relievers warm up, then, not enter a game, or, use 4 relievers to get the final 6 outs of a game, my blood pressure would rise, and my temper would boil over.

However, I do not want to feel like a vulture, picking at a carcass. Life is tragically short. I sincerely hope that Willie is happier, and more successful, at whatever he tries next. From the heart, Willie, I sincerely wish you all the best. Take care.

Sincerely,

firewillie

P.S. I have retired the pseudonym of firewillie, and again, using a pseudonym that's short, sweet, and direct, leaving no room for doubt, my new name will be build the farm system. This team, on the average, is too old, not athletic enough, needs more speed, the AAA team is a group of cast-offs from other organizations, and the farm system does not have enough talent to help the major league roster. Sign as many of this year's draft picks as soon as possible. Fill in the numerous A ball rosters with these picks, and promote some of the better A ball prospects to AA. Promote some of the better AA players (Carp ? Evans ? Murphy ? Niese ?) to AAA, and let's see if these prospects can continue to develop, one level higher within the farm system.

No comments: