Saturday, August 2, 2008

Willie's Back...







Willie is back, and thankfully not with our Mets. He was a "surprise" show-up today at Yankee Stadium for Old Timers Day.



Randolph said, "I'm just enjoying life.. "this is the first time in my life I've been able to enjoy a summer with my family and friends since high school, I guess. I'm looking forward to bigger and better things. I'm having fun. It's a little different, a little bit of a transition, but that's natural."

Randolph is interested in managing again, but he has not given the topic serious thought, preferring to take the rest of the year off to decompress.

He also said that it has been strange for him to readjust, especially given the timing of the dismissal.

"It's not like I was fired in the middle of the offseason where you have time," Randolph said. "You're used to getting up and getting after it every day and competing. You adjust and you focus on the positive things. You realize how fortunate and blessed you are as a human being."
For more on Gump, read Randolph Returns For Yanks "Reunion"

2 comments:

Long Island Met Fan said...

i have read that he said his heart is in the bronx. I guess he is looking for a job with the Yankees next year if he doesnt get to find a manager job somewhere

metsfan73 said...

The Yankees can have him!