Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mets are running on Empty and fall to the Marlins 6-1

4 pitches into the game last night and the Mets were down 1-0. The Marlins had already established that they were ready to play. The Mets are still wondering what hit them. Maybe they will be ready to play today? They better be cause there season has come down to this. 2 games left and now the Mets trail the Brewers by a game for the wild card and are 2 behind the Phillies for the NL East title. If the Phillies win today they win the NL East. If the Mets lose and the Brewers win the Mets can plan tee times on Monday.

There isn't really much more to say besides the fact that I never have seen a bullpen like the Mets in my life. I was talking with a friend of mine last night and we are amazed that this bullpen cant even get 3 outs. No one can throw strikes. Pitchers take 10 pitches to get 1 guy out. The Mets would take 10 pitches and the side would be retired. Amazing that this team lets the Marlins outclass them again. God job by Daniel Murphy deeking the runner. Next time keep your eye on the ball. Brian Stokes can you finish an inning please. AAron Heilman for once didn't walk the first batter. He walked the second instead and I think the third if I'm not mistaken.

At least last night there was no drama. No late inning comeback . Thank you Mets for at least letting me keep my sanity. I knew last night once the Marlins were up 5-1 it was over. Guess the Mets realized that too.

No comments: