Saturday, September 27, 2008

On Life Support



DON"T PULL THE PLUG! There is no DNR* here!

Believe me folks, there is no living person more distraught over the performance of OUR TEAM over the last week. There has been some superstition, as if I was sitting in a particular chair in my living room while the Mets were hot, there was no way I was going to change seats. If I had to use the bathroom, and came back to that chair, and one of my children were occupying it, they had two choices...move or die.

If I wore a certain shirt, Mets shirt or other, and it didn't work (Met loss), I wouldn't wear it during a Met game again. I have had that lack of luck this year. My children gave me a Mets T-Shirt commemorating the last year of Shea for Father's Day, and the Mets are at least 0-5 when I've worn it. Not just at home, but on the road too. Needless to say, I am not wearing that shirt today.

So, after conducting this scientific experiment, I am going to use my 1986 World Championship mug all day, filling it with soda, water, whatever. They won on Thursday with me using this mug, so obviously there is magic in the mug.

Jerry has shaken up the batting order (here), and hopefully that little tweak will spark a dormant offense.

Johan, being the ace that he is, told, didn't ask, Manuel he was pitching today.

I have one bit of advice for OUR TEAM...knock Hanley Ramirez off the plate. I would love to see Johan buzz a 94 MPH fastball under his chin. Make him think. Show him he is going down.

So Let's go! This is OUR TEAM. Although I couldn't be more disappointed nor upset than I presently am, we as fans, and the Mets as a team have to suck it up. Mathematically we are still alive, so if we are going down, let's go down swinging. With all the trash talking the Marlins have been doing over the last few days, we should shut them up on the field.

C'mon Johan, Carlos', David, Jose, Daniel, Ryan, etc. we believe in you. You have to believe in yourselves. If I hear another cliche' from David Wright, I will scream. If a reporter asks a question, be honest, say you blew it, but we are going to come out and wreak havoc on out opponent. No more robotic responses. No more lack of emotion. No More Mr. Nice Guy.

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy
They say he's sick, he's obscene

~ Alice Cooper ~













No comments: