Thursday, November 27, 2008

K-Rod Playing Hardball?



In
Mike Scarrs - mlb.com article, he reveals that Francisco Rodriguez' agent, Paul Kinzer said K-Rod probably won't sign a contract until after the Winter Meetings, which commence on December 8th in Las Vegas.

It is believed K-Rod is seeking a five year deal, with earnings of $15M/year.
According to Kinzer, "I think it will be after the Winter Meetings. I don't know how long after, it doesn't take long after you get this started and everybody starts talking."

The Cat N Mouse game has begun, and the 'amazing' thing is, Kinzer has only mentioned the Mets, which of course is used to drive up K-Rod's price.

Metsfan73 is still not sure about the Mets and K-Rod; I think he would be electric in NY, but a part of me believes he is a pitch away from blowing out that golden right arm. The money he is asking is obscene, and after last year's Luis Castillo debacle, I can't see Omar plunging that much money down; it's too much of a risk.

Kinzer finished up by saying, "I'll probably see the Mets at the Winter Meetings.I don't have anything else planned."

Sure Paul, whatever you say...

No comments: