Friday, November 21, 2008

No Chemistry Problem Here...




David Wright believes there is no ‘chemistry’ problem with the Mets. If you are talking about major melt-downs as having chemistry, I guess you’re right.

Wright, interviewed at Foleys restaurant in Manhattan said, "I don't think it's any issue of who's in our clubhouse. We just didn't get the job done. There are no excuses you can create."

Wright also went on to say, “I also think that the core players, myself included, have to step up and do a better job. The core guys have to prepare thoroughly and continue to try to get better."

I agree with Wright, and I also agree about the team’s chemistry. I believe that the crux of the teams’ problem comes from Wright and Reyes playing between 160 and 162 games annually. By the time September comes around, they are sapped of strength and energy. If they, Wright and Reyes – Beltran too, were afforded more days off during the year, maybe the day off on the road on ‘getaway day’, they would be more refreshed come crunch time in September.

Information obtained from
Ken Davidoff - Newsday

No comments: