Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Hell-Oh Ball"









"This guy's gonna hate me before we get to the All-Star break. There are 39 episodes, I'm sure there'll be more than a few lines we can use." These words were uttered by Mets broadcaster Howie Rose once he heard Tim Redding was signed by the Mets. Those of us who listen to Mets broadcasts realize how much of a 'Mooner', a Honeymooners fan Rose is. Once the signing was completed, Rose e-mailed former colleague Ted Robinson and WFAN Mets broadcast producer, Chris Majkowski – also fellow 'Mooners'.

You see, Redding is the great nephew of Joyce Randolph, the actress who played Trixie Norton.


Redding readily admits he hasn't seen his aunt since "my pre-teen years at a family Christmas get-together. I remember the kids were running around, trying to get her autograph on napkins or anything you could write on," he said. "I've asked my grandmother about her, and she said 'Trixie' is very down-to-earth, real person who wasn't into the glitz and glamor. She enjoys being herself."

As for Rose, “How sweet it is” to have some related to his favorite TV show.

No comments: