Monday, February 23, 2009

Niese Impresses, Jerry Observes

This afternoon, prospective #5 starter, Jon Niese pitched well during an intra-squad scrimmage. Niese fired two perfect innings, on the way to a 2-0 win. Sandy Alomar Sr. was the winning manager over his son, SandyJr.

During the game, Jerry Manuel was positioned right behind Jose Reyes, making comments and offering suggestions. Manuel said, "I feel like I'm playing. I like being out there. I really enjoy being behind the shortstop, talking to him. I've got one more day to do that."

On another note, the 'heart' of the Mets order, Wright, Reyes, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Castillo, Church and Murphy finished a combined 0-for-13.

Niese comments on his start and his chances of making the team (below):



Source: Anthony DiComo - MLB.com

No comments: