Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jose Q&A


Brian Costa - The Star Ledger had an intereseting Q&A with Jose Reyes. Among some of the interesting points:

What's the longest you've stayed upset about anything?

"What happened in 2007 and 2008. That stayed longer, because you have to go through the offseason, and the offseason is long. I had a lot of time to think about what happened. We had everything there, and we let it go. It's kind of hard to forget."

Why do you always look like you're having more fun than everybody else?

"I've always been like that. I don't know. When I was a kid, I liked to enjoy the game. I play good when I enjoy the game. If I get too serious in the game, I won't play the way I'm supposed to play. That's the way I am, always. I like to be happy, and I have a lot of energy. It's good. It keeps everybody loose here."

Jerry Manuel said he wants you to be more of a leader this year. Is that a goal for you?

"He asked me to take charge in the infield, try to go to the mound and talk to the pitcher, stuff like that. I need to do that. That's going to keep me more focused on the game, because sometimes it's hard to stay focused every day."

Now, take a look at he second question above. He enjoys the game. God Bless him. I wish all players had the child-like exuberance that Jose does. Check out Costa's link for the full Q&A.

2 comments:

Long Island Met Fan said...

hey Jose u need to stay focused every day come on...Do you see all the zero's in your pay check? Ok if you cant stay focused for a minute when you might get distracted with the crowd chanting Jose but come on !!

metsfan73 said...

I hear what you're saying, but with such players as O.P. and Jose - the Mets should have a seasonal Rx for Concerta!

Despite his yips every now-and-again, he is still the most exciting player in Major League Baseball.

I think General Manuel is treating him right; giving him more responsibility might keep him more focused.