Sunday, March 29, 2009

K-Rod Ready To Klose For His New Klub


Mets new closer, Francisco Rodriguez, is getting antsy. He wants the season to start. Says Rodriguez, "I've got my expectations really high right now. I just can't wait for the season to start so I can earn the respect from Mets fans, earn respect from the front office, from my teammates. I just need to go out there and play the way they expect me to do, make sure I get my job done."

In addressing the the climate of the fans of NY, K-Rod offered, "Their expectations for me are really high. It's definitely going to be a different environment [from Anaheim]. I'm totally prepared. I know it's not going to be easy at all. But I think mentally I'm prepared for that challenge, and we'll see what's going to happen."

K-Rod is still looking for a home, and is expected to reside in the city. When told that he will be recognized on the streets of NY, Rodriguez appeared to be excited.

Rodriguez has already started to take heat for his 'histrionics' on the field, most notably by Mets nemesis, Bob Klapisch. If Rodriguez produces, the fans will love him. It's refreshing to see someone who truly wants to be here, and can't wait to get started. From the onset, K-Rod has shown that he is excited about being a Met, and can't wait to show the fans why the Mets courted him during the Winter.

Source: Jim Baumbach - Newsday

No comments: