Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ideas that can make Citi Field/Shea Nu/GHMP better


Of course almost everyone could not wait for the new stadium to open . The boys over at baseball fever had a thread dedicated to the construction of the Mets new home.

Well now its here and it seems everyone is a critic.

Bill Price of the Daily News wrote an article of couple of things that would make the new stadium more homey to be a Mets fan.

From having old time Mets throw out the first ball like David Kingman or Doug Flynn to bringing back Shea great days like Banner day or Old Timers day. To me I would love it to see Doug Sisk give up a home run to lose a game or Ron Hunt take a pitch on his arse.

Honestly though I like the idea of renaming the Ebbets Club. I am not against the rotunda and its homage to Jackie and some of the ole dodgers pics but too me the Ebbets club is over the top.


He mentions naming it after a former Mets manager which someone on the 24 hours staff I know would agree. To me name that works because what ever you name the chances of me getting in there is close to the same percentage of Ollie Perez having 3-4 consistent starts in a row slim to none.

I would like the Mets to rename the Promenade Club the Shea club. To me that is where the Mets faithful would be. Of course there would be Mets faithful on all levels but this way more fans can see it. Have a couple of pics of Shea in there maybe a brick or maybe one of the banners they had on the fence that signaled the Mets division wins etc. Again what is wrong with honoring the Stadium that Met fans grew up in just like your honoring Ebbets Field?

No comments: