Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Next 5 games need to be played like It is September. Carlos Beltran will play tonight!

Even though the calendar just turned June, the Mets need to make the last 2 games with the Pirates and the 3 with the Nationals like Mid September . Ok just not September 07 or 08 . I want to see cant lose baseball. Jerry fire up these boys!

These games are crucial for this team especially with the opponents after these 2 series. The Mets have to play the Phillies and then the Yankees who are finally running on all cylinders.

It will not be easy for this rag tag bunch of backups and a couple of front liners sprinkled in the lineup but the Phillies with the subtraction of Pat Burrell and the addition of Raul Ibanez are on the verge of sweeping the Padres.

The Mets have Alex Cora back in the lineup tonight with flu boy Carlos Beltran! Beltran was quoted as saying " I felt like I lost 5 lbs at least but I feel good!. I started feeling better yesterday" as per the Daily News

This team will need to scratch runs together and have to play smart baseball. I want to see some more hit and run. I want to see Onir Santos walk for once. I want to see Jeremy Reed not smooth the dirt after every at bat and please can we David Wright get a hit that means something!

No comments: