Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where are they now Carlos Beltran? Check Pt St Lucie.

I almost feel like I should do a where are they now post for these DL’d Mets

One of the guys who has seemed to slipped from the radar is Carlos Beltran. There was finally some news out of Mets camp yesterday regarding our gold glove center fielder.

Mets possible New GM but right now just lowly Assistant GM John Ricco mentioned that Mr Beltran is sunning himself in the ever popular destination of Pt St Lucie waiting on a MRI result. If the doctors feel that he is ok at this point he will then take to running the bases, do some slides and if there is no ill effects he might actually be back the first week of September. Which means in Met fan terms the middle of September if at all. Will there be a game in 2009 where we might have Beltran Wright and Franceour in the same lineup? It is bringing tears to my eyes just thinking of that.

Now I know some just want him to pack it in and get healthy for next year.
For my sanity I would like him to play this year. Maybe he can do something crazy like hit a homerun. Yeah I know I am asking for too much.

No comments: