Saturday, September 12, 2009

David Dudley Did Wright


I was going to post this earlier, but the metsfam called me to dinner. My esteemed colleague, Long Island Met Fan, and I have been all over David Wright all season...and Wrigthfully so. He has be abysmal in the clutch.

Today, David was Wright on. He hit two two run homers, and had six R
BI's, the most important coming in the bottom of the 8th inning and giving the Mets their tenth run in a 10-9 win over the rival Phillies.

After my rant yesterday (
Click Here ), it is nice to see the Mets try and play the role of spoiler. The Mets had jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the first inning, when Big Pelf and the Pen (sounds like a 50's Doo-Wop group) not only let the lead slip away, but the Mets found themselves down 9-5. This team did battle back tonight to get within striking distance, until they finally were able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.



Wright is a tremendous talent, and I get on him a lot. The reason being is that he is so talented, but he can be soft in the clutch, and he, along with all of his teammates, tend to lack the killer instinct.

I can't conclude this entry without a metsfan73 shout out to Carlos Beltran, who hit a two run HR in the first inning, and had a 3-5 day at the plate. Beltran, who has been out since June, hit his ninth HR, which for the time being had put him ahead of DWright. Wright took his slim lead back with his two blasts today.

Tonight was different, and I raise my glass to Mr. Wright. Great job David.

2 comments:

Long Island Met Fan said...

dont raise your glass too soon it could have been an imposter.

metsfan73 said...

I had to raise my glass...I needed a drink.

He did have a good game. One day at a time. It was a good time, but I won't hold my breath.