Tuesday, March 23, 2010

At least Mike Pelfrey has confidence in Mike Pelfrey


The big Pelf was lit up by the Nationals yesterday but if you ask him it was no big deal. The one comment he made after the game I have had taken notice about earlier that he is doing is best at reducing walks.

The Man gives up 4 homers and Manager Jerry makes mention that there were a "couple of pop ups" One of Ryan Zimmerman's homers was a moon shot and would have been a home run in the Polo Grounds.

Pelfrey after the game said. "The most important thing to me is that I feel great and my secondary stuff has never been better. "

Manager Jerry also said the magic word in another quote. "I think it's maturity, more than anything else," He has better stuff than he did at this time last year, and I think that's the most important thing."

Hey Manager Jerry if he so mature why is using his fastball when he is ahead on the count when they get taken down town instead of his sinker. Yes I know he is getting his work in.

Can it be asking too much for 1 outing be a line like this 5 innings 1 run 3 hits 4 strikeouts and no walks. Yes I know there getting there work in.

Question I pose here. If this was Pelfrey vying for a # 5 spot in the rotation would the Manager still be happy with the results regardless of the wind? The Big Pelf has only 1 maybe 2 starts left before the real games begin.

How about doing what Takahashi does and don't give up any runs for a change?

No comments: