Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Frank Catalanotto is gone: Chris Carter is on his way to Citi Field

According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com the Mets have designated Smithtowns own Frankie C for assignment. The Mets have called up 27 year old Chris Carter. Catalanotto hit just .167/.200/.208 for the Mets in 25 plate appearances this year.

Quotes from Frankie C “I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Catalanotto said. “Chances are this is the end of my career. I’m very happy to have had the opportunity to play for the Mets. I always wanted to play in New York. You know, I’ll have to go home and think about it. I don’t know if there’s a team out there that wants to pick me up.

Carter was hitting .339 with the Bisons. Carter was part of the Billy Wagner deal when the Mets traded Wags to the Red Sox. Carter had a very good spring training and some think he should have made the team out of spring training. His defense is a little suspect. He might see some time at first or the outfield.The Mets are still stuck with Gary Matthews Jr since he is the back up for Pagan in CF. Especially with F Mart injured again.

Carter has 132 minor league home runs.

No comments: