Thursday, August 26, 2010

Looking Forward To Tonights Game? I Am...


Yes, it is true. I am looking forward to tonight's game against the Marlins. Not for some miraculous play-off push. Not so much to see Jon Niese and the young Mets perform. Not to witness Jerry making some decision that will make me scratch my head.

No. I am looking forward to tonight's game because the metsfan73 family will be attending. I have had the pleasu
re of attending two previous games this year, but this is the first time I have taken the family.

My wife called today asking if I knew where her Black (ugh!) Mets jersey with 31 Piazza on the back was. Can't say that I knew, so being the great husband I am, I told her she can wear my classic white Mets Jersey. I will be adorned in my newest Mets T - gray with the orange and blue logo.


We will be with our three children (metsfan97, metsfan99, and metsfan03) and my daughters (metsfan03) friend. Really looking forward to it.


Our seats are in section 109. We got the tickets from the Mets Fan Club For Kids. This was the first year I had signed the kids up, and with how hectic this summer has been, we weren't able to get to a game until now.

We usually get to take our kids to one game a year, and I usually go with my counterpart, LongIslandMetFan, two or three times/year. Yes, this will be my third game, but first with the fam, and I am so looking forward to it.


My boys (metsfan97 & metsfan99) are getting old enough to really appreciate the game, and are starting to live and die with this team like their psychotic father. While at the game we usually discuss field alignment of fielders, a batters position in the box, pitches thrown, etc.


With my daughter? It's where is Mr Met and why isn't the HR Apple going up?
Ahhh, youth!




Hopefully this will be a victorious night for the Mets. It already is for the metsfan73 family.

1 comment:

Long Island Met Fan said...

Of course I will be looking for Said family via DVR tape delay of course! LOL Enjoy and get metfan03 a autograph/pic from Mr Met!!