Friday, March 18, 2011

Mets Release Castillo

"I said I came here to play and you didn’t give me the chance. You didn’t use me.”
"I'm going to wait, go home and hope to catch on with another team."

~ Luis Castillo upon his release ~

The Mets have released Luis Castillo. Sandy Alderson will address the media shortly. We will look to have an update later.

**** Update ****

Sandy Alderson's quote “After a long evaluation during spring training, after consulting with [manager] Terry [Collins] and the coaching staff, I made a recommendation to ownership in the best interest of the organization and Louie that he be released,” general manager Sandy Alderson said. “Ownership approved.”

Sources: Adam Rubin and Jim Baumbach

2 comments:

Jobu said...

joy in mudville

metsfan73 said...

One down, one to go (Ollie).