Saturday, April 16, 2011

F-Mart on the DL :Chris Young to follow?

Mets much hyped rookie who hasn't amounted to much over the last couple of years is on the DL again after 1 week at Buffalo. Fernando Martinez has a tight hammy and was placed on the 14 day DL. The kid needs to play a full season but is prone to injuries. 

Chris Young has had to deal with tendinitis in his biceps tendinitis in his right shoulder since his first start. It has flared up in each start and he claims it has to do with the cold weather. He is suppose to start Sunday in Atlanta. The Mets met during the rain out to discuss options.

Young has been the only pitcher in the rotation that has been pitching well this first 2 weeks of the season so it seems typical that he would have issues. Of course the Mets took a flyer on him to begin with.  

It's actually a completely different spot than any of my issues in the past, which I don't know if that's comforting or not," Young said. "I can say in the past, I've never been able to -- with what I had last year, the shoulder strain and everything -- I wasn't able to play catch through it. It didn't get better as I threw the way this has, which I think is consistent with tendinitis."

 
Source NY Post & ESPN NY.com      Update- of course now he is on DL retro to April 11th.

No comments: