Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New York 7, San Francisco 0…














When you first saw the score, did it remind you of a National Football League score, with the New York Giants leading the San Francisco 49ers, 7-0 ?

Last night, it was the New York Mets defeating the San Francisco Giants by that common football score, 7-0.

It was nice to see 3-0 after one inning, as it allows all the Met players, and fans, to relax.

After the 10-2 lead, one game before, which became a stressful, nail-biting 10-9 victory, it was great to enjoy a comfortable win.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everytime I see those two helmets together the only thing I can think of is Leonard Marshall basically smashing Joe Montana's spine in that 1990 NFC playoff game. Love it.

Mets and music fan said...

Music to my ears, Dave, I am a huge New York Football Giants fan. I vividly remember Madden & Summerall announcing that game, and reporting word from the sideline, regarding Joe Montana, that "everything hurts."

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Jobu said...

Let's hope that when the Giants play the Niners later this fall, the score is a lot higher and NY wins again.