Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mets interested in Kerry Wood?

There is a little blurb in the Chicago Sun Times that mentions the New York Mets are showing interest in Kerry Wood. Hmm the question is why and for what? The guy last time I checked spends alot of time on the disabled list. Would it be for a 8 inning job? I can not see Kerry Wood interested in that unless he was over payed for it. Then the question is why would the Mets give him a 2-3 year deal as a 8th inning guy knowing is health record?

Check out the Article here

1 comment:

metsfan73 said...

I am leaning towards Wood for maybe one year and an option. He throws harder than the other closers on the market, and although he has had injury problems, he has shown he knows how to win games. I think he could be Smoltz-esque.

I think K-Rod is an elbow or shoulder problem waiting to happen, and am not overjoyed with the idea of Fuentes.

I think Wood could be a diamond in the rough, and would be cheaper than the two aforementioned closers. Might be worth a look-see if the price is right.