Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mets make first offer to Derek Lowe 3 years

It was reported last night the Mets made an offer to free agent pitcher Derek Lowe. The numbers that are being mentioned are 3 years 36 million. With Boras his agent I am sure this will be the first of a couple of offers and counter offers going back and forth and of course Boras saying oh we have many suitors for Derek Lowe. Now I don't expect this going back and forth to go as long as Texieria but my gut tell me within a week Lowe will be a Mets. Hopefully Met Fan 73 will be able to hang on 1 more week!

I know the Mets don't want to go to 4 years but they might have to if they want to sign him. There were very medicore pitchers that signed for 4 years and 50 million just 2 seasons ago so I cant see Boras excepting much less then that even in this economy. I would prefer the Mets go to like 15-16per on a 3 year deal.

To read the story about the offer check it out here

No comments: