Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pedro To Pitch In 2009?



Pedro Martinez wants to continue playing baseball. The press caught up with Pedro at Blue Marlin Restaurant at the exclusive Cap Cana resort in the Dominican Republic. Pedro donated $10,000 to David Ortiz' foundation for pediatric care
As reported by
Christian Red - NY Daily News Martinez wants to pitch in 2009, but doesn't plan on doing anything until January. Pedro has been working out to keep in shape.

"I haven't really thought about baseball. But I do want to play. I'm not going to talk about it until January. I'm away from all that. I know I'm a free agent. One thing - I'm getting ready because I know how long it takes to get ready. I'm working out. I'm doing everything I have to do," said Martinez. "Right now, I'm fishing, training and at home with the family."

Pedro blames his poor performance last year due to the stress of his father's illness and subsequent death. Said Pedro, “I didn't think I was affecting my family so much. I was really worried about all that. That affected my soul, my attitude, my way of thinking. You know, sometimes you fall down in depression a little bit and you don't even notice it. Now I can tell I was really hurting. I was trying to be very professional about how I was handling things. I'm glad I did a good job about keeping it away from everybody."

Best of luck to Pedro, but it is time for the Mets to move on.

No comments: