Sunday, March 1, 2009

Positive Johan Update


While watching the Met-Astro game on Channel 11, they just announce that Johan will not be going to NY to have his left arm
examined.

Johan pitched off the mound this morning, and felt good; better than he expected.
Santana threw 35 pitches - fastballsand change-ups, and reported no problems.

On the encouraging news Santana said, "I felt fine. It's the first time in the last four days that I threw, but I feel good. ... As you throw more pitches, you feel better. That tells me we're making progress and getting loose."


Mets pitching coach, Dan Warthen, expressed similar good feelings. Santana's next bull pen session should be in a couple of days, and after a few sessions and a batting practice session, Johan should be ready to throw in a game. Warthen estimates that Santana threw at 80% - 85%.

Regarding the injury, Warthen said "I don't think the workload. I just think he tried to throw too hard too soon. ... That's my speculation. I'm guessing he had his own quiet agenda, not sharing it with anybody."
After a few tenuous days, this is some good news.

Sources: Mets-Astros NY Channel 11,
Adam Rubin - NY Daily News

1 comment:

GM-Carson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.