Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baseball History 35 years ago today Hank Aaron 715th.

I Like to take a moment to mentioned an important date today.
It might not be a Met moment but it sure is a baseball history moment. Today marks the 35th anniversary of Hank Aarons 715th home run which was hit off of Al Downing of the Dodgers.

A lot of fans still consider Mr Aaron the home run king. To see a video of the historic blast check it out
here


This home run shot was turned into an incredible poster way back when which had the ball in air and with Ron Cey staring straight up at it. It also has all his home runs by season on the back. I had this poster on my wall for many years growing up. I never framed it so it frayed but did obtain another copy of it years later and now have it framed in my “Man” room. Wont take much to guess who I think is the home run king.