Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tacos and Kevin Burkhardt


If you have not tried them yet make sure that you do the next time you are at Citi Field/Shea Nu. I have to tell those tacos with a little hint of the fresh salsa they give you is really amazingly good. Just ask Mets announcer Kevin Burkhardt. While waiting in line to order these tacos for the first time 2 people behind me was SNY announcer and all around great guy Kevin Burkhardt.

Being the idiot I am I had to ask the guy a couple of questions and could not leave him alone in the piece he was finding in not being bothered for 5 minutes. Of course once in a while he had his producer asking him once in a while how much longer he was going to be but there burning questions I had to ask and here below is my exclusive interview with him while on line waiting to order tacos. This will not be found on any other site!

Hey Kevin big fan of your work on the broadcasts. I have to ask you Kevin these tacos worth this wait? " I love these tacos . If it was up to me I would eat them every night" Wow you heard here first people Kevin is a taco fan. Hope his wife knows this. Of course she does.

Now on too really down deep stuff. Hey Kevin besides Citi Field what is your favororite park ? He thought a minute while prusing the taco board and turned to me and said " It has to be Petco park there is nothing bad about that place" except the team of course. "Everything about that park stands out. Then he went on to mention that he loves Wrigley for other reasons which I understood since I was there about 10 years ago and fell in love with the old park. He also gave kudos to the San Fran park.

I mean this guy has the best job he gets to watch the game and sample the food and chat with fans about the Mets since he is a die hard Met fan who started out doing play by play to the football video game techno bowl.

I have to tell you he was right those tacos were pretty awesome!

No comments: