Thursday, July 30, 2009

Omar Sorry, No Immanent Trades


Today Omar Minaya offered an apology to NY Daily News Mets beat writer, Adam Rubin. Minaya also offered an apology to the Wilpon's and the Mets organization. As everyone with a pulse knows, Minaya, during a press conference announcing the termination of Tony Bernazard, got way off the beat-and-trail, and accused Rubin of "lobbying" for a job in player development, and Omar had to figure if Rubin's findings were accurate, and had to "expedite" the process.

Never once did Minaya say Rubin's reports were inaccurate nor false, and Rubin, responded with disgust.

Minaya said he believes Rubin accepted the apology, but went no further.

Minaya said, "You guys know me. That's just not the way Omar Minaya is, that's not what I stand for, but the bottom line is I made a mistake. The bottom line is that you make a mistake, and I admit to making a mistake in bringing up the things that I did."

On the trade front, with the deadline at 4:00 PM tomorrow, Minaya offered, "I've been talking to teams, guys. I turned down a couple of trades yesterday. I mean, I talked to some teams and believe it or not we had some pretty big names that were presented. That being said, if you talk to general managers around the league, I've been calling around. We have some ideas."

The one thing that has been apparent this week: Minaya has no idea. I have a hard time believing the backlash from Monday's press conference won't effect possible trades the Mets will make.

Source: Brian Costa - The Star Ledger

No comments: