Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Day, Same Results


"I felt good at the end of the game and still had stuff in the tank,"
~ Bobby Parnell ~

Problem is, the end of the game for Parnell was the middle of the third inning. The Mets once again lost to the Juggernaut San Diego Padres (47-65) for the third straight game. The Mets will try and salvage the final game of this four game series when they send Johan Santana to the mound against Tim Stauffer .

Reflecting on his outing, Parnell realized, "I was leaving my slider out over the plate a little bit and wasn't throwing it for strikes, so I had to go after them with my fastball. I overused it. In retrospect I have to use more offspeed to get them out."

Fortunately the Mets didn't lose any ground on the Phillies, as if it matters at this point. They remain 11 back in the NL East.

We are at the point where I want nothing more than to see all the Mets youngsters play. I want to see what Bobby Parnell has as a starter; I want to see what Josh Thole has as a catcher; I want to see what Eddie Kunz has; I was to see what Brad Holt has.

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait until September 1 when the rosters expand to 40 players...it can't come soon enough!

Source: Adam Rubin - Surfing The Mets

No comments: