Thursday, September 17, 2009

Catching up with Jon Niese .

Remember him ? That young 22 year old that did a split covering first base in August and then crumpled in pain after throwing a pitch. Well he is alive and well and doing his best to get back in shape. His local town paper the Crescent News talks to him and how he is fairing back in Defiance.

He is quoted as saying of the injury "The next thing I knew, that first pitch pulled my hamstring and the pain was something like I've never felt before," continued Niese. "I have never been hurt so I really didn't know what to expect.

According to the article he is due back to NY on September 22nd for a follow up with the Mets doctors. "When I go to New York, it will be six weeks that I've been in a brace, and if everything is healing the way it's supposed to, I'll have at least another six weeks of rehab before they shut me down again," Niese said

His father was watching the game at the local buffalo Wild Wings. Good wings. He is going to be raring to go once spring training comes around.

Hat tip goes to
Ya gotta believe

No comments: