Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mets find power in there bats


Ok so it only takes the Mets to be out of it for them to win on the friday of the last weekend of the season. Something they could not do last year when they lost 2 out of 3 to the Marlins. If my memory serves me correctly they lost the friday game of the last series in 2007 as well. The Mets of course are out of it and there is Wright getting on base 3 times and actually getting an extra base hit. Also the Mets had 2 home runs and each time had a man on. Wow whats it been like a month since that has happened.


I was talking to my partner in crime met fan 73 yesterday and I mentioned to him it would be nice for once for the Mets to take 2 out of 3 in the last series and for the Mets to win a laugher. Well even though it took too late in the game for the Mets to pile on I think I got my laugher.


Good for John Maine who actually finished the year with a winning record of 7-6. He seem to be able to throw freely and get strikes when needed and did not walk a batter. He said after the game he was pitching to contact. Now if he can just remember everything about that next spring. Is it April yet?


I might have to settle for a split in the series since its raining here today and not sure if the Mets will get the game in.



AP photo

No comments: