Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Astros mess with Johan.

Ok so it was not a picture perfect performance. The Astros smacked around Johan yesterday in 1 and 2/3 innings. Even former Met Kaz Matsui stroked a homer in the first. Johan did throw strikes but his change up was floating high in the first start of the spring. If you listened to the broadcast no one seemed to concerned about it. Darling remembers HOFer Nolan Ryan giving up 10 runs once in a spring game and then won a ERA title.

Well it seems most people give it a pass. Even Santana was quoted in the Daily News "All I can say right now is I feel pretty good. I'm able to let everything go, and all I have to do is build up my strength. (Last year), not just my changeup, but everything, I wasn't able to finish. Everything. I wasn't able to extend and bend my elbow, so it changed the whole thing."


I really do have an issue with hearing Johan not being able to extend his elbow and still pitch. Well the Mets ace now just waits for his next start. Which will be Sunday in Jupiter against the Marlins unless they wait until Monday's home game against the Cardinals.

No comments: