Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Maine Meets With Manuel, Drug Test Should Follow...


“I went in there and I told him, I said, ‘Obviously I haven’t been pitching great and the numbers haven’t been there, but I don’t think I’ve pitched as badly as what is happening. What I wanted to tell him is, I’m fine. My shoulder is fine. I know the number one priority is getting back to throwing my fastball and challenging guys.”

~ John Maine ~

You have got to be kidding me. Maine has the audacity to say "I don't think I've pitched as badly as what is happening." John, you have pitched a grand total of 8 innings in two starts, with an ERA over 13. There is no candy-coating that.

Maine continued:

“I’m going to scratch everything that I’ve been doing since the beginning of spring and get back to what I was doing two years ago and even last year. I think that I’ve been throwing so much offspeed that I’ve lost the feel for my fastball and that’s the pitch that I need.”

Manuel said if Maine pitches poorly in his next scheduled start on Sunday, he will be removed from the rotation.

Maine's problems are not a quick fix, and the Mets should offer and he should accept an assignment to Buffalo. He should work through his problems in AAA, and not starting for a team that is also struggling.

Believing he hasn't pitched as poorly as his stats show is living a lie.

JUST SAY NO!

Source: Brian Costa NJ.com

No comments: