Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Quotes from former Met Nelson Figueroa

Figgy goes from a middle of a pack team to a pennant winner in 1 quick moment. Adam Rubin spoke to him and here are some of the quotes from Phillie now Figgy.

“I think this is the best-case scenario going to a division champion,” Figueroa said. “I was at rock bottom three days ago. Now I’ll have an opportunity to do some good things with a very, very good team.” Figueroa had felt unappreciated as a Met -- “especially spring training when the opportunity got taken away and I was pitching against college teams and in B games,” he said. Said Figueroa: “I felt like I pitched my way onto the team. … I felt like I couldn’t really show more than I had shown.”

He might not be with the team long since J C Romero and Brad Lidge will return . Also Joe Blanton but he could be on the Phillies when the Mets play them at the end of April .

The Mets gave the guy the shaft. He could have filled multiple roles in the Mets pen.

No comments: