Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011: America Remembers Our Fallen Heroes & The Mets Take On The Cubs














A question that will be asked for the rema
inder of our lives: Where were you at 8:46 AM on September 11, 2001? I remember where I was: my wife and I had just dropped off our second son (metsfan99) at Pre-K, and on our way back, we decided to stop into a local Dunkin Donuts. My wife had ordered a donut and a coffee while I had my usual Diet Pepsi. There were about 10 people or so in the establishment and all of a sudden it went silent. There was a television in the upper right hand corner of the store and we watched the smoke billowing out of the North Tower. We finished our order in virtual silence.

Then we went to a local pharmacy and were listening to the radio when the second plane hit the South Tower. When we we
nt home, we were glued to the TV. I happened to be off from work that day, and I was planning on staining a book case we had picked up at a garage sale. The entire day was spent in a fog moving from the TV in the living room to my front lawn to strip and stain the book case. Absolutely surreal.

Watching some of the coverage this morning only brought back those same memories.



I also remember how the Mets captivated not only the city, but the nation with their visible help to the rescue workers and they way they defied Major League Baseball and wore the hats in honor of the brave men and women of the fire departments, police departments, EMC's, etc.




Unfortunately today, the Mets
will acquiesce and obey Major League Baseball. That's a shame. Josh Thole is now saying the players will discuss and make a decision before tonight's game. Nice statement. I just hope for this one game the Mets spit in the eye of MLB.

We here at 24 Hours...have all those who have suffered: first responders, innocent civilians and those in our military - in our prayers. Our hearts go out to you.


Tonight's Mets lineup against the Cubs:

1. Reyes-SS
2. Tejada-2B

3. Duda-RF

4. Wright-3B

5. Pagan-CF

6. Bay-LF

7. Evans-1B

8. Paulino-C
9. Batista-RHP

No comments: