Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Breaking News: David Wright Offers An Intelligent Quote

Browsing through the Jose news this morning, I came across two interesting articles. The first was in regards to David Wright and his feelings on his and his pal to the left on the infield, Jose Reyes.

In regards to Reyes' status as well as his own, Wright offered:

“I guess that this could affect things moving forward. I don’t know for a fact. I haven’t spoken to the front office. I haven’t spoken to anybody, kind of about specifically, about my future. You realize that it’s a real thing, that if Jose goes, then I guess anybody can go.”


Wright was quoted while attending the ALS Association’s Lou Gehrig Awards Dinner, and the concluding thought about his teammate was most telling:

“Well, I know what I hope he’s going to do. I don’t know what he’s going to do, [but] I know what I want him to do and that’s to be to my left next year. I’ve shot him a couple texts, exchanged some text messages, nothing about baseball.

“I guess that’s the eternal optimist side of me that he’ll be to my left in spring training, but you never really know. Hopefully the organization values Jose the way that maybe I do, and hopefully Jose reciprocates that and they can work something out.”


Well said.


The second interesting article is a stat provided by Metsmerized Online:































































Player A is Hall Of Famer Rickey Henderson.

Player B is no other than OUR Jose Reyes.


People still feel Jose is overrated? Look at the annual hits. Often injured? Compare games played. Low average? Take a look-see.


Jose Reyes is the type of player that needs to be seen on a daily basis to understand how integral he is to the Mets.


Think Ruben Tejada can produce like that? I didn't think so.


Sources:
Steve Popper, Metsmerized Online

No comments: