Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gary Carter's Valiant Fight Is Over


It is with great sadness that Kimmy Bloemers reports the passing of Mets Hall Of Fame Catcher - Gary Carter.

Carter who was diagnosed in May (2011) with brain cancer has deteriorated over the last four weeks.

His Daughter writes:

"It has been exactly 4 weeks since the last journal and that decision was made as a family. I am deeply saddened to tell you all that my precious dad went to be with Jesus today at 4:10 pm. This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know. "

Kimmy thanks all the people for praying for her father and family.

This is a sad day for those who followed The Kid throughout the years, but as his daughter stated:

"He is in heaven and has reunited with his mom and dad. I believe with all my heart that dad had a STANDING OVATION as he walked through the gates of heaven to be with Jesus. "

...can't argue with that.

Rest in peace Gary.

Information obtained from CaringBridge

2 comments:

nutballgazette said...

So Sad, I am a lifelong Yankee Fan but I always admired and respected Gary Carter

Long Island Met Fan said...

When the mets traded for him after the '84 season you knew that was the piece that would put them over the top. RIP TO A GREAT GUY ...FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS