After last night's Mets
Adam Rubin and others have tweeted and reported that there isn't any indication as to what the "bad news" is.
All that being said, I will throw a couple of possibilities out there as to what the "bad news" might be:
- Frank Francisco's set back last night due to the aggravated left oblique is serious, and the remainder of 2012 is in jeopardy.
- Dillon Gee's blod clot/aneurism issue is more serious than originally expected.
- Mike Pelfrey re-injured his his surgically repaired right elbow while going to like his fingers.
- David Wright's contract will not be extended
- The Mets have released/DFA'd Jason Bay
Adam Rubin has said he will tweet the story as soon as Collins addresses the media, which should be within the hour.
Today's Mets lineup: