Friday, October 19, 2012

It's Been A Long Time Since I've....

Rock 'N' Rolled?

It's been a long time since I wrote a blog,
It's been a long time and I'm in a fog.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has.


A little poetic license, yes, but facts are facts. It has been an eternity since I last scribed, but I think I;m coming back.

Much of my lapse has been due to an increasingly busy life. My eldest, metstan97 is now a senior in HS, and my wife, metsfanbynarriage and I are agonizing over college applications and finances, along with #2 son, metsfan99 and daughter metsfan03 - well, you get the gist. For this I apologize, and I will try and be more attentive to the masses, but let it be known (once again) that I love this team no matter how much it breaks my heart.

Maybe, maybe not, but it has been forever since I've given my Einstein like opinions along with my Mother Theresa compassion. That all ends NOW!

I am tickled orange and blue that our nemesis in the Bronx presented only a warm body in being swept by the Tigers, and having never led in any inning in the four game series, crawled quietly into the night.

It was fantantic!

Now I see the Cards are up 3-1 on the Giants. What's a Metsfan to do? Probably root for Detroit, but the Metsfan in me would love to see Carlos get his World Series win/ring. Beltran was a class act for the Mets; not only the Mets, but the Astros and the Royals and Giants too. He deserves to win. He has never given anything but his all, and he is noble and sincere. More importantly, aside from the Joe Benigno's of the world, he was the best CF the Mets have ever had.


Although I hate St. Louis, I can't help but root for Carlos. I probably will root for Detroit this year, but I do want Beltran to get his due.

WHAT'S A MET FAN TO DO?

Root for spontaneous combustion? Maybe. All I can say is I hope Elvis and the Mets look at what is happening and form their business model to reflect  that of a winner.

2006 was a long time ago...


No comments: