Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tom Seaver not very Sentimental about Shea Stadium


The franchise walked out of the Centerfield fence for the last time a little over a week ago. Something a lot of Met fans will never forget as part of Shea Stadium closing cereemonies. Well if you don'tknow it by now Tom Seaver really doesn't really have much to say that's really nice about Shea.


He was asked about what sentiments he had about Shea and the Mets clubhouse as it its being dismantled. His remarks are below.


"I don't remember ... too much about it," Seaver said. "So I'm not buying it. I just know it was a good clubhouse to be. Good people. Good memories. I know we drank champagne there. But it's all about the people, memories, energy, not the room or the building. It's not like it was great architecture. It's old now and pretty beat up. They're going to blow it up. I'd volunteer to light the fuse."


Wow. He really has a way with words. This is a place many of Met fans watched there first live major league baseball game. I mean we all know it was not the most fan friendly but it was ours!! I know I will miss it.

No comments: