Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Daily Johan Soap Opera


Now Johan is feeling well, and won’t have an MRI. Johan threw 46 pitches today, and reportedly feels well. According to Santana, he is ‘making progress’, and expects to be the opening day pitcher.


Pitching coach Dan Warthen said, "I have no problem modifying the schedule" – when earlier he intimated that Johan wouldn’t be ready to be opening day pitcher on April 6th.

“Right now, my mind-set is for Opening Day. I'm a professional. I know exactly what it takes for me to be ready. I've been doing this for a long time. I'm pretty sure I'll be ready,” said Santana. The Mets will withhold a decision until they see how Santana responds to his most vigorous workout to date.

Thanks again to Marty Noble - MLB.com

1 comment:

Long Island Met Fan said...

I still do not get why is this news. The guy was hurt a couple of years ago pithcing for the twins. Got a late start in spring and still won 20 games. He will be there and he will produce. Media needs to find something else to write about.