Monday, November 9, 2009

A Little Bump In The Road On My New Leftfielder...


Today Tampa Bay exercised the $10M option on soon to be Mets LF, Carl Crawford.

As I have
Stated Before, I would love to have Crawford patrolling LF for the Mets for years to come. I am a bit shocked that Tampa picked up his option, but if they look for the "sign and trade" option, they will make out better on their return.

I would love to see the Mets make a play, but I don't really think they have the arsenal to pull off the deal. An outfield of Crawford, Beltran, and Francoeur would be a place where triples and doubles go to die, in the expansive Cul-de-sac's of Gil Hodges Memorial Park. Watching that trio in the Mets OF would be like watching a coach hit fungo's; nothing would drop in...

Just a little bump in the road Mets fans. Crawford will be starting in LF on opening day for the Mets*


* Metsfan73 is in no way taking, nor ever has taken hallucinogens, although many have accused him of such antics due to his insane rants and predictions.

No comments: