Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sittin' On The Dock Of The BAY Wastin' Time

Look like nothing's gonna change

Everything still remains the same

I can't do what ten people tell me to do

So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

~ Otis Redding – Dock Of The Bay ~


If you look at the lyrics to Otis Redding's 1968 hit, Dock Of The Bay, you can see the irony. While it seemed that everything remained the same, and Omar feeling like he can't do what not only ten, but millions of Mets fans want him to do, what seemed like a month ago, the inevitable happened.

As noted by us previously, Here , the Mets have agreed to terms with LF Jason Bay. All this is pending the completion and passing of a physical.

What a joke. Remember Victor Zambrano? He of the Scott Kazmir trade... it was widely known he had a bad shoulder, yet the trade went through, and Zambrano amounted to nothing more than a pencil without an eraser.

Then there was last season's acquisition of JJ Putz...I like Putz, but again, it was widely speculated that he had elbow problems. The trade went through, and unfortunately due to his poor elbow, which required surgery, Mets fans never got to see the real JJ.

After more than a decade of poor conditioning and diagnosis', why should we expect this signing not to happen. The Red Sox were concerned about Bay's shoulder. The Mets will get past this "physical", and so will Bay. Hopefully it will be for the best.

Other than Yorvit Torrealba, who was the last player rejected a contract due to injury? Don't feel bad, I can't think of one either.

I really hope this Bay situation works out. I really wanted Bay in '08, and again this off season. My biggest concern and complaint is whether he wants to be a Met.

While waiting on the results of his physical, I, along with all Mets fan will be

...sittin' on the dock of the bay

Wa'tching the tide roll away

Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay

Wastin' time


No comments: