Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Picking apart Jeff Francoeur.

Yes he isn’t patient. Yes he seems to have reverted back to his days with the Braves. When you have a moment check out this fantastic article by Andy McCullough over at the Star Ledger who gets some insight on how even Frenchy perceives himself. It seems of course that he is own worst enemy .

“When his nerves fray, Francoeur had explained earlier that day, he grips the bat too tightly and his swing elongates into an uppercut. He cannot turn on pitches. He tends to jam himself.”

He spends a lot of time in the batting cage listening to insight from Ho Jo but he is the only one that can make a difference when he is in the batters box. “I’ve got to find a way to be able to maximize my talents,” Francoeur said. “I feel like sometimes I let my mind, my anxiousness, [I] let that get in the way.”

Everyone likes the guy but we need a outfielder that is not an automatic out. We have enough of those lately.

Frenchy might not have much more time to find an answer. If he doesn’t by the time Bay comes back he might be permanently attached to the bench.

No comments: