Monday, January 24, 2011

Mets open Spring training camp in St Lucie

Well now that the Jets have been eliminated nothing much going on for us local sports fans unless your into hockey and B- Ball.  If you ask me that means its slow going for the next month except for the Super Bowl.

The Mets though open there camp in Pt St Lucie today for volunteers who want to get a head start on spring. Look for Met Manager Terry Collins to be there with I am sure David Wright and some of the players who might be fringe players on trying to make the roster.

Collins sleeps and breathes baseball so I am sure he will be on site to meet his team who shows up early.  Do we think that Mets whipping boys Luis Castillo and Ollie Perez will be in Florida early?. Look for some of the young players like being the back flip Daniel Murphy and Nick Evans to maybe show up early.  Nothing like having a catch with the baseball as we in the east deal with dead car Batteries and frozen doors. 

1 comment:

Jobu said...

frozen doors....my handle on my hatch snapped off in my hands yesterday.....sooooo upset.