Monday, November 14, 2011

Fearless Ike To Be Ready For 2012


"I feel good. I'm working out, trying to get in shape. I'm doing weightlifting, agility. I've done some running and it's been good. Obviously I don't know what would happen if I roll it or something, but I think what I'm doing now is probably going to be harder than the actual baseball stuff."
~ Ike Davis ~

This was the best Mets news this weekend after most Mets fans hearts stopped due to the false account that Jose Reyes had signed with the Marlins, pending a physical. Thankfully, MLB and other outlets that reported this, were incorrect. Huge exhale by metsfan73.

Davis, as stated above, says his conditioning is more intense than baseball, and he has felt no pain. He is certain he should have no issues for the 2012 season.

Fearless is antsy to start the season:

"I wish it was the season time, because I feel like I've already had an offseason."


The Mets missed Davis' power terribly last season, and with the new dimensions for GHMP for 2012, he and the Mets should benefit immensely. Said Davis:

"But it will hopefully help put some more runs on the board, because David and Jason (Bay), they were hitting the ball off the wall in left field. It just would help if those balls were out in left."


If Davis can rebound from this ankle injury and pick up where he left off before his injury, it will work out as a great addition to this ball club...without making a trade.

Source: ESPN New York

No comments: