Friday, June 19, 2009

The Inexplicable Power Of Metsfan73



Many out there understand the power of Metsfan73. I myself never understood this inexplicable gift until last night.



I am a perfect 2-2 in nicknames this year. On May 6th this year (All Business) I appropriately (at the time) nicknamed Fernando Tatis as SeƱor Clutch. Since May 6th, Tatis has been putrid.

I struck again as recently as June 17th. After K-Rod had a Gutsy Performance, I dubbed him Pelotas, the Spanish word for Balls. I described how ballsy he has been in challenging hitters. Well, since then, K-Rod has blown two save opportunities - games which the Mets lost.

Many might see this as a gift, and I can understand why. Personally, when one has such a gift, it can at times be more of a curse than a gift.

For those interested, I will be giving out Mega Millions numbers this weekend.

No comments: