Thursday, October 9, 2008

Burgos Incarcerated


As you might have read here, NY Mets minor league pitcher Ambiorix Burgos turned himself into authorities in Nagua, Dominican Republic.

After being arraigned, he was ordered to spend three months in jail until his trial commences.

Burgos said, “I am going to come out of this fine because my conscience is clear, and I'm not worried this will affect my career because I haven't done anything.”

As we all know by now, Burgos is accused of hitting two women with his SUV, killing both of them. The victims were Angely Fana, 29, and Josefina Minaya, 38. As you have been reading Eudosia Ruane, Fana’s mother, is accusing Burgos of intentionally killing her daughter.

Although Burgos denies being the driver, witnesses are stating they saw Burgos driving his SUV. Burgos told authorities that he was sitting in the back seat, and his cousin was the driver.

Ambiorix’s father, Pablo said, "My son is innocent. The issue is that here in Nagua there are a lot of people who want to hurt him."

Burgos is also facing two different charges in the United States: gun possession and domestic violence against his girlfriend.

Burgos concluded by saying, “I'll get out of here soon, and I'll also clear up what happened in New York."

Take a look at the hat Burgos is wearing in the above picture. Nothing like being proud to sport the colors of the Mets. Why would he be wearing a White Sox cap while being paid by the NY Mets?


For more on Burgos’ jailing, go to the AP and read Mets' Burgos jailed 3 for months ahead of trial

No comments: